Although the federal government struggles to see the benefits of medical marijuana, the public has seen the benefits of medical marijuana for a long time. Up until recent history, the plant was illegal across the United States, even for medical purposes. Unfortunately, those in the general public who suffered from severe medical conditions had to turn to the illegal drug market to access their medication.
These days, patients no longer have to turn to the illegal drug market to access medical marijuana in many states. Medical marijuana dispensaries are now available for patients to legally access their medication. Some patients may hesitate to change from a dealer to a marijuana dispensary because they are used to their dealer.
The following are five reasons why dispensaries are better the dealers:
1. You know what you’re getting. State-run marijuana dispensaries are regulated and will only buy cannabis product that has been thoroughly tested in a laboratory environment. When it comes to dealers on the streets, you will never have the same assurance of the quality of the product and will, therefore, never really know what you are going to get. Some dealers can also charge more than marijuana dispensaries, leaving you as the patient with no option but to pay inflated price on the streets.
2. Consistency and Timing. Dealers don’t usually have an open and close time for their business. When you call or text, sometimes they won’t get back to you for hours or days. Sometimes, even if they do get back to you, they don’t have enough medicine for your needs.
3. No more paranoia or arrest. Even when the dealer does have what you need for your medical condition, getting your medicine can be difficult and anxiety-ridden. The paranoia that comes with buying marijuana illegally makes it feel like a bad drug when, in fact, it is just your medical relief. There is an even possibility of arrest on the streets. Legal marijuana dispensaries do not have such problems because it is a safe and legal environment.
4. Marijuana dispensaries offer variety. Considering all the ailments and conditions that medical marijuana helps, it is no surprise that certain strains and forms of marijuana are better for certain medical conditions. Medical marijuana dispensaries have a wide selection (much bigger than a typical dealer) and knowledgeable staff that can help you as the patient pick the right strain/type for your condition.
5. Marijuana taxes boost the economy and help school funding. Local marijuana dispensaries help fund state programs such as education and help to stabilize the local economy. The amount of money raised from marijuana taxes in states where it’s legal are in the millions. Colorado collected $70 million in marijuana taxes in 2014 alone, and the marijuana industry is expected to reach $6.7 billion in sales this year.
Purchasing marijuana legally, from medical marijuana dispensaries like Las Vegas ReLeaf, will not only benefit you, but it will also benefit your state’s economy. You will know what you are getting, and you will get access to it in a safe environment. What more reason is there to give marijuana dispensaries a try?
Visit Las Vegas ReLeaf, a premier medical marijuana dispensary, to experience a high-class dispensary atmosphere.