Although many medical marijuana patients consume cannabis because of its ability to stimulate a patient’s appetite, getting the munchies all the time can get expensive and unhealthy. The next time you’re feeling hangry, opt for these easy and delicious healthy munchies recipes instead.
Healthy Munchies Recipes to Try
Homemade Baked Potato Chips
We know the crispy, salty deliciousness of potato chips is hard to resist. Make your fresh chips to order with our first healthy munchies recipe.
- 3 russet potatoes, washed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. While the oven is preheating, use a mandolin to slice potatoes into slices around 1/8 inch thick.
- Soak the sliced potatoes in warm water for 10-15 minutes, drain, and pat them dry. (If the potatoes aren’t completely dry, they won’t get crunchy!)
- After they’ve dried, lay your potato slices out in a single layer on two large baking sheets. Drizzle or spray both sides of your potatoes with olive oil or a light cooking spray.
- Bake potato slices for 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven once your chips are golden brown and still soft in the center.
- Season, serve, and enjoy!
Strawberry mochi popsicles
With summer nearly here, it’s good to plan a nice cold treat ahead of time. Why not try refreshing homemade ice cream? We scoured the Internet for this fun, healthy, and tasty healthy munchies recipe for you to enjoy the next time an indica dominant strain stimulates your appetite.
Ingredients for the mochi:
- 1 tbsp sweet rice flour
- 1 tbsp water
- ½ tsp matcha
- Liquid Stevia
- 1 tsp coconut flour
Ingredients for the popsicles:
- ½ cup strawberries
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 3-4 tbsp almond milk
Directions for your mochi:
- Add the rice flour to a small microwavable dish, and slowly mix with the water. Once the water is fully incorporated, mix in the matcha and add a couple of drops of stevia.
- Microwave the mixture for 45 seconds or until it, is slightly firm.
- While you wait for your mochi mixture to cool, spread the coconut flour on a small plate. Once the mochi mixture is cool to the touch, take small pieces and roll them into balls.
- Coat each ball with a layer of coconut flour and set aside for later.
Directions for your popsicles:
- Using a blender, mix all the popsicle ingredients, beginning with the almond milk. The resulting mixture should be thick but pourable; a quick fix to a thick mixture is to simply add a bit more of almond milk.
- After your popsicle mix is ready, pour a bit of the mixture into a popsicle mold, until it’s about a ¼ or a ⅓ of the way full.
- Drop in a couple of mochi balls, and repeat until you fill the mold completely with mochi and your popsicle mixture.
- Place the popsicle stick in the center and repeat until all of your popsicle molds are complete.
- Freeze until solid and enjoy!
Keep Your Summer Cool with a Healthy Munchies Recipe
With recreational marijuana sales starting in Nevada this summer, make sure you’re working with a medical marijuana dispensary that is as committed to customer and patient care as we are. Stop by our shop near the Strip to learn more about marijuana strains and products we offer. ,